Ampicillin Sodium, Ampicillin Trihydrate
Ampicillin trihydrate is a semi-synthetic penicillin.
Aminopenicillins, like Ampicillin, have activity against penicillin-sensitive gram-positive bacteria as well as some gram-negative bacteria.
- General bacterial infections
- Urinary infections
- Skin/skin structure infections
- 20-100 mg/kg orally or by injection twice a day (20)
- 50-150 mg/kg by injection twice daily (28)
- 150 mg/kg by injection twice daily (23)
- Loss of appetite
Ampicillin is inactivated by penicillinase. It is therefore ineffective against certain strains at staphylococci, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Enterobacter aerogenes. It is not active against Mycoplasma and Mycobacteria.
Preferably give on an empty stomach