Amoxi-drops; Biomox; Robomax
Mild broad-spectrum antibiotic, used for the prevention and treatment of bacterial ailments. Penicillin related, with increased gram positive and limited gram negative spectrum. Amoxicillin blocks the formation of bacterial cell walls, rendering bacteria unable to multiply and spread.
- After surgery to prevent infection
- Urine infections
- Secondary infections
- Skin infections/infected bite wounds
- 10mg/lb twice a day orally, for 10 to 14 days (7)
- 0.20cc/lb for 10 to 14 days (7)
- 150 mg/kg by injection twice a day (28)
- Loss of appetite
Does NOT attack Mycoplasma directly, but will help stave off any secondary infections that come along with it, allowing the immune system to start fighting the Myco.